26 reasons your child should never go to summer camp in New Hampshire
1. Many people believe that NH is some kind of outdoor paradise.
2. They're completely wrong!
3. New Hampshire really is the opposite of pretty.
4. Besides, no child would ever enjoy spending 5 hours on a bus, especially on their way to a kid paradise.
5. It’s also way too far from New York to be enjoyable.
6. The entire state lacks any kind of allure.
7. I mean, it’s far too remote a place to go to summer camp.
8. It must be really boring there at night.
9. I would hate to be away from home on the Fourth of July.
10. People in New Hampshire are known for their weird rituals.
11. And their weird food.
12. Most of the land is dull and featureless.
13. Same with the lakes.
14. NH is known for having dangerous, wild animals in the woods.
15. Both big and small.
16. NH camps have a reputation of being far too rustic.
17. Especially in the girls' cabins.
18. I’ve heard that the water is so cold that no one likes to swim there.
19. All the water there is murky and dirty.
20. All the kids I know go to Camp in other states. Something must be wrong with NH.
21. Yup. Definitely not a great place to spend a summer.
22. There's nothing but rocks up there in New Hampshire.
23. So many rocks.